Planning for future change
Responding to COVID-19
COVID-19 is having an impact on the Māori economy. This is a time when Māori land owners and other businesses need information to help them make key decisions that will impact whenua and whānau.
To support whenua-based businesses to make decisions about the future, the Whenua Māori team at Te Puni Kōkiri has commissioned a series of 3 reports. These reports look into:
- the current and anticipated impacts of COVID-19 on our land-based sectors, and
- the risks and opportunities it creates for the Māori economy.
Each report focuses on a particular theme.
- Respond – Managing business continuity
- Prepare to recover – Learn and emerge stronger
- Prepare to thrive – Preparing for the future.
The reports were created by Hourua Pae Rau (the Māori services team) at Deloitte.
1. Respond – Managing business continuity
In this report, Deloitte discusses COVID-19 related opportunities and downsides within the Māori economy. The report also looks at action points for how we can respond to the impacts of the pandemic.
2. Prepare to recover – Learn and emerge stronger
3. Prepare to thrive – Preparing for the future
Report due end May 2020.
For any enquiries email email@example.com
This publication is intended to provide information on the matters contained herein and includes analysing the extent of the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Maori Land Entities as at the date of the publication.
It has been written, edited and published and made available to all persons and entities strictly on the basis that its authors, editors and publishers, Te Puni Kōkiri, and the New Zealand Government are fully excluded from any liability or responsibility by all or any of them in any way to any person or entity for anything done or omitted to be done by any person or entity in reliance, whether totally or partially, on the contents of this publication for any purposes whatsoever.