Applying for funding or investment
The Regional Strategic Partnership Fund
Whānau who want to develop their whenua Māori may be eligible to receive funding from the Regional Strategic Partnership Fund.
The Regional Strategic Partnership Fund (RSPF)
The Regional Strategic Partnership Fund (RSPF) is a $200 million fund supporting regions to make steps towards achieving their economic potential. It's run by Kānoa – the Regional Economic Development and Investment Unit (Kānoa) at the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
The RSPF dedicates part of its funding to whenua Māori development. Te Puni Kōkiri works alongside Kānoa to distribute funding for whenua Māori.
By investing in projects and initiatives around the motu, the RSPF aims to:
- help grow economic development in the regions
- increase productivity, and
- contribute to creating more, better-paying jobs.
How to submit a funding application
If you want to apply for RSPF funding, contact kaimahi at your local Te Puni Kōkiri office or Kānoa. Both teams work alongside Māori landowners to:
- make sure you're investment-ready before you apply
- support you to complete and submit an application for funding.